Friday, August 16, 2013

Contacting Schools

I cold called Knowlton Academy as I had not been given the connection to the principal there that I was hoping I would be given, actually that I had been told I would be given. Oh well, she was drinking wine at the time and may have regretted the offer the next morning.

I also cold called Sutton School.

I sent information to the school secretaries of both schools and will pass by next week with contact cards that can be given to parents.

I arranged with my friend Ilia to use her spa as a temporary space to do my tutorials. She has treatment rooms and one of them will serve well enough as a temporary fix. There is parking, a waiting room, a receptionist and a private room. That will do to begin with!

I also arranged with Ilia to be interviewed on her radio show next week. Her show airs on the local radio station CIDI 99.1.

I enjoy talking about this project, but I am also really excited and enthusiastic to begin working with children. Next week, I will contact the regional high school to let them know what I am doing.

Right now, it is all about getting the word out and letting people know, then giving them time to feel into this and find out if it is right for their child. I'm very glad that I began this project in late July. August and September are good times to be getting the word out about alternatives to the same old same old learning experiences for children; this is the time of year when parents are beginning to think about the return to school, and to prepare themselves and their children for all that the beginning of the school year entails.



No comments:

Post a Comment